Oct 27, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera powered himself through the final month of the season despite dealing with a severely pulled groin that sapped him of his effectiveness at the plate. After an 11-homer August which put him in a position to pull ahead of Chris Davis in dingers to potentially win another Triple Crown, Cabrera could muster just one home run in September along with a .729 OPS. It was the lowest OPS he had posted in a single month since the final month of the 2004 season.
Cabrera is considering having surgery to repair his groin next week, per Jon Morosi of FOX Sports.
Earlier today, Cabrera was named the winner of the American League Hank Aaron Award. He is the favorite to win the AL Most Valuable Player award as well, which will be handed out in November.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)