Oct 28, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
How desperate are the Cardinals for some offense tonight against left-hander Jon Lester?
Before the game Allen Craig tested his injured foot in the hopes of playing first base, but it went poorly enough that manager Mike Matheny posted a lineup card with Craig on the bench and Matt Adams starting.
And then less than two hours later Matheny announced a change to that lineup, with Craig starting and Adams going to the bench.
It’ll be interesting to see if the Red Sox make any adjustments defensively when Craig is at the plate knowing that he’s basically limited to a single on any ball not hit over the fence. And of course knowing how baseball tends to work he’ll get multiple chances to show off his range (or lack thereof) on defensive plays at first base.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 19
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)