Oct 28, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
How desperate are the Cardinals for some offense tonight against left-hander Jon Lester?
Before the game Allen Craig tested his injured foot in the hopes of playing first base, but it went poorly enough that manager Mike Matheny posted a lineup card with Craig on the bench and Matt Adams starting.
And then less than two hours later Matheny announced a change to that lineup, with Craig starting and Adams going to the bench.
It’ll be interesting to see if the Red Sox make any adjustments defensively when Craig is at the plate knowing that he’s basically limited to a single on any ball not hit over the fence. And of course knowing how baseball tends to work he’ll get multiple chances to show off his range (or lack thereof) on defensive plays at first base.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)