Oct 28, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
How desperate are the Cardinals for some offense tonight against left-hander Jon Lester?
Before the game Allen Craig tested his injured foot in the hopes of playing first base, but it went poorly enough that manager Mike Matheny posted a lineup card with Craig on the bench and Matt Adams starting.
And then less than two hours later Matheny announced a change to that lineup, with Craig starting and Adams going to the bench.
It’ll be interesting to see if the Red Sox make any adjustments defensively when Craig is at the plate knowing that he’s basically limited to a single on any ball not hit over the fence. And of course knowing how baseball tends to work he’ll get multiple chances to show off his range (or lack thereof) on defensive plays at first base.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 17
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 9
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 60
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)