Oct 28, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
How desperate are the Cardinals for some offense tonight against left-hander Jon Lester?
Before the game Allen Craig tested his injured foot in the hopes of playing first base, but it went poorly enough that manager Mike Matheny posted a lineup card with Craig on the bench and Matt Adams starting.
And then less than two hours later Matheny announced a change to that lineup, with Craig starting and Adams going to the bench.
It’ll be interesting to see if the Red Sox make any adjustments defensively when Craig is at the plate knowing that he’s basically limited to a single on any ball not hit over the fence. And of course knowing how baseball tends to work he’ll get multiple chances to show off his range (or lack thereof) on defensive plays at first base.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)