Oct 28, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
No shock, but Red Sox manager John Farrell announced that David Ortiz will start again at first base tonight in Game 5, leaving Mike Napoli on the bench for the third time in three games in St. Louis.
It probably wasn’t much of a decision for Farrell, in part because the Cardinals are starting a right-hander in Adam Wainwright and in part because Ortiz is hitting like .850 in the playoffs. OK, so it’s actually only .326, but with five homers and a 1.153 OPS in 14 games. And that includes 8-for-11 (.727) with a 2.114 OPS in the World Series so far.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 62
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)