Oct 28, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
No shock, but Red Sox manager John Farrell announced that David Ortiz will start again at first base tonight in Game 5, leaving Mike Napoli on the bench for the third time in three games in St. Louis.
It probably wasn’t much of a decision for Farrell, in part because the Cardinals are starting a right-hander in Adam Wainwright and in part because Ortiz is hitting like .850 in the playoffs. OK, so it’s actually only .326, but with five homers and a 1.153 OPS in 14 games. And that includes 8-for-11 (.727) with a 2.114 OPS in the World Series so far.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)