Oct 28, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
On his way to Chile to partake in a little dove hunting, LaTroy Hawkins got his adventure on a little early this morning, when he and another man assisted flight attendants in subduing an unruly passenger on his American Airlines flight.
Hawkins wrote on instagram that the flight had to make an emergency landing in Peru to dispose of the unruly passenger. ESPNNewYork.com’s Adam Rubin confirmed the series of events with the airline. Hawkins hasn’t commented further as of yet.
The 40-year-old Hawkins had a 2.93 ERA and 13 saves in 72 appearances for the Mets this season. He’ll be a free agent again this winter. With Mariano Rivera retiring, Hawkins will take over as the active major league leader in appearances with 943. He’s 20th all-time.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 37
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 95
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (95)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)