Oct 28, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
On his way to Chile to partake in a little dove hunting, LaTroy Hawkins got his adventure on a little early this morning, when he and another man assisted flight attendants in subduing an unruly passenger on his American Airlines flight.
Hawkins wrote on instagram that the flight had to make an emergency landing in Peru to dispose of the unruly passenger. ESPNNewYork.com’s Adam Rubin confirmed the series of events with the airline. Hawkins hasn’t commented further as of yet.
The 40-year-old Hawkins had a 2.93 ERA and 13 saves in 72 appearances for the Mets this season. He’ll be a free agent again this winter. With Mariano Rivera retiring, Hawkins will take over as the active major league leader in appearances with 943. He’s 20th all-time.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)