Oct 28, 2013, 7:51 PM EST
On his way to Chile to partake in a little dove hunting, LaTroy Hawkins got his adventure on a little early this morning, when he and another man assisted flight attendants in subduing an unruly passenger on his American Airlines flight.
Hawkins wrote on instagram that the flight had to make an emergency landing in Peru to dispose of the unruly passenger. ESPNNewYork.com’s Adam Rubin confirmed the series of events with the airline. Hawkins hasn’t commented further as of yet.
The 40-year-old Hawkins had a 2.93 ERA and 13 saves in 72 appearances for the Mets this season. He’ll be a free agent again this winter. With Mariano Rivera retiring, Hawkins will take over as the active major league leader in appearances with 943. He’s 20th all-time.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)