Oct 28, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Lineups for Game 5 at Busch Stadium …
Shane Victorino is out of the lineup again with a back injury, so Daniel Nava replaces him in right field and Jonny Gomes plays left field while batting cleanup versus a right-handed pitcher. As expected David Ortiz remains at first base and David Ross gets the nod behind the plate over Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
UPDATE: Allen Craig initially was not in the lineup, but the Cardinals made a last-minute change to insert him at first base and in the sixth spot instead of Matt Adams. It’ll be interesting to see just how hobbled he is, because it couldn’t have looked good as of just a few hours ago.
Shane Robinson again replaces Jon Jay versus a left-hander and moves up in the order to the No. 2 spot, with Carlos Beltran sliding into a middle-of-the-order role as Matheny shakes things up.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (158)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)