Oct 29, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
Or Peter Bourjos for that matter says Buster Olney:
The Angels want pitching,and sources say they’ve indicated a willingness to other teams to trade Peter Bourjos or/and Mark Trumbo to get it.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 29, 2013
Trading Bourjos would cost them an excellent defender but an up-and-down hitter who only played 55 games for them last season. He could be valuable to a team in need of a center fielder, however. Trumbo sports a lot of power — he hit 34, 32 and 29 homers in the past three seasons and he may thus seem like the much more attractive bargaining chip, but he has a mere .299 OBP over the course of his career. Indeed, his OPS+ was a mere 109 to Bourjos’ 102 last season.
The Angels certainly need to do something, as they were fifth worse in the American League in runs allowed in 2013. Some pitching would be nice.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 35
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 4
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)