Oct 29, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
Or Peter Bourjos for that matter says Buster Olney:
The Angels want pitching,and sources say they’ve indicated a willingness to other teams to trade Peter Bourjos or/and Mark Trumbo to get it.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 29, 2013
Trading Bourjos would cost them an excellent defender but an up-and-down hitter who only played 55 games for them last season. He could be valuable to a team in need of a center fielder, however. Trumbo sports a lot of power — he hit 34, 32 and 29 homers in the past three seasons and he may thus seem like the much more attractive bargaining chip, but he has a mere .299 OBP over the course of his career. Indeed, his OPS+ was a mere 109 to Bourjos’ 102 last season.
The Angels certainly need to do something, as they were fifth worse in the American League in runs allowed in 2013. Some pitching would be nice.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)