Oct 29, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
Or Peter Bourjos for that matter says Buster Olney:
The Angels want pitching,and sources say they’ve indicated a willingness to other teams to trade Peter Bourjos or/and Mark Trumbo to get it.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 29, 2013
Trading Bourjos would cost them an excellent defender but an up-and-down hitter who only played 55 games for them last season. He could be valuable to a team in need of a center fielder, however. Trumbo sports a lot of power — he hit 34, 32 and 29 homers in the past three seasons and he may thus seem like the much more attractive bargaining chip, but he has a mere .299 OBP over the course of his career. Indeed, his OPS+ was a mere 109 to Bourjos’ 102 last season.
The Angels certainly need to do something, as they were fifth worse in the American League in runs allowed in 2013. Some pitching would be nice.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)