Oct 29, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
Or Peter Bourjos for that matter says Buster Olney:
The Angels want pitching,and sources say they’ve indicated a willingness to other teams to trade Peter Bourjos or/and Mark Trumbo to get it.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 29, 2013
Trading Bourjos would cost them an excellent defender but an up-and-down hitter who only played 55 games for them last season. He could be valuable to a team in need of a center fielder, however. Trumbo sports a lot of power — he hit 34, 32 and 29 homers in the past three seasons and he may thus seem like the much more attractive bargaining chip, but he has a mere .299 OBP over the course of his career. Indeed, his OPS+ was a mere 109 to Bourjos’ 102 last season.
The Angels certainly need to do something, as they were fifth worse in the American League in runs allowed in 2013. Some pitching would be nice.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 70
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)