Oct 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The 2013 Gold Glove Award winners have been announced. Now you can help determine which of those recipients deserves a Platinum Glove — given each year (since 2011) to one player in each league.
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina has won it both times in the NL and has to be considered the favorite again given his reputation around the league and among baseball fans for his game-changing defense. He won his sixth consecutive Gold Glove Award on Tuesday. Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons — a defensive wizard with a treasure trove of amazing highlights — is probably Molina’s biggest competitor.
Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre won the first two Platinum Gloves in the AL, but he was ousted by the Orioles’ Manny Machado this year in the Gold Glove balloting and won’t be eligible for a third.
Voting is now open on Rawlings.com. It closes next week. So rock it. Or whatever.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)