Oct 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
The 2013 Gold Glove Award winners have been announced. Now you can help determine which of those recipients deserves a Platinum Glove — given each year (since 2011) to one player in each league.
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina has won it both times in the NL and has to be considered the favorite again given his reputation around the league and among baseball fans for his game-changing defense. He won his sixth consecutive Gold Glove Award on Tuesday. Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons — a defensive wizard with a treasure trove of amazing highlights — is probably Molina’s biggest competitor.
Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre won the first two Platinum Gloves in the AL, but he was ousted by the Orioles’ Manny Machado this year in the Gold Glove balloting and won’t be eligible for a third.
Voting is now open on Rawlings.com. It closes next week. So rock it. Or whatever.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 13
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 81
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (82)