Oct 29, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
The 2013 Gold Glove Award winners have been announced. Now you can help determine which of those recipients deserves a Platinum Glove — given each year (since 2011) to one player in each league.
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina has won it both times in the NL and has to be considered the favorite again given his reputation around the league and among baseball fans for his game-changing defense. He won his sixth consecutive Gold Glove Award on Tuesday. Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons — a defensive wizard with a treasure trove of amazing highlights — is probably Molina’s biggest competitor.
Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre won the first two Platinum Gloves in the AL, but he was ousted by the Orioles’ Manny Machado this year in the Gold Glove balloting and won’t be eligible for a third.
Voting is now open on Rawlings.com. It closes next week. So rock it. Or whatever.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)