Oct 30, 2013, 9:48 PM EST
The party has already begun at Fenway Park.
After plating three runs in the bottom of the third inning, the Red Sox tacked on three more in the bottom of the fourth, driving Cardinals rookie starter Michael Wacha to an early shower and grabbing a massive 6-0 lead in this World Series Game 6. Lance Lynn came on for Wacha and was also punished by the locked-in Red Sox attack.
The Cardinals have continued to make good contact off Boston starter John Lackey, but clutch hits have been hard to come by all series for this St. Louis offense that excelled in those situations during the regular season. It’s shaping up to be a wild night on the streets of Boston.
The Red Sox haven’t won a decisive World Series game in front of their home fans since 1918.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)