Oct 30, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
The party has already begun at Fenway Park.
After plating three runs in the bottom of the third inning, the Red Sox tacked on three more in the bottom of the fourth, driving Cardinals rookie starter Michael Wacha to an early shower and grabbing a massive 6-0 lead in this World Series Game 6. Lance Lynn came on for Wacha and was also punished by the locked-in Red Sox attack.
The Cardinals have continued to make good contact off Boston starter John Lackey, but clutch hits have been hard to come by all series for this St. Louis offense that excelled in those situations during the regular season. It’s shaping up to be a wild night on the streets of Boston.
The Red Sox haven’t won a decisive World Series game in front of their home fans since 1918.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)