Oct 30, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
The party has already begun at Fenway Park.
After plating three runs in the bottom of the third inning, the Red Sox tacked on three more in the bottom of the fourth, driving Cardinals rookie starter Michael Wacha to an early shower and grabbing a massive 6-0 lead in this World Series Game 6. Lance Lynn came on for Wacha and was also punished by the locked-in Red Sox attack.
The Cardinals have continued to make good contact off Boston starter John Lackey, but clutch hits have been hard to come by all series for this St. Louis offense that excelled in those situations during the regular season. It’s shaping up to be a wild night on the streets of Boston.
The Red Sox haven’t won a decisive World Series game in front of their home fans since 1918.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12