Oct 30, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
The party has already begun at Fenway Park.
After plating three runs in the bottom of the third inning, the Red Sox tacked on three more in the bottom of the fourth, driving Cardinals rookie starter Michael Wacha to an early shower and grabbing a massive 6-0 lead in this World Series Game 6. Lance Lynn came on for Wacha and was also punished by the locked-in Red Sox attack.
The Cardinals have continued to make good contact off Boston starter John Lackey, but clutch hits have been hard to come by all series for this St. Louis offense that excelled in those situations during the regular season. It’s shaping up to be a wild night on the streets of Boston.
The Red Sox haven’t won a decisive World Series game in front of their home fans since 1918.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 67
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 63
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)