Oct 30, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
The party has already begun at Fenway Park.
After plating three runs in the bottom of the third inning, the Red Sox tacked on three more in the bottom of the fourth, driving Cardinals rookie starter Michael Wacha to an early shower and grabbing a massive 6-0 lead in this World Series Game 6. Lance Lynn came on for Wacha and was also punished by the locked-in Red Sox attack.
The Cardinals have continued to make good contact off Boston starter John Lackey, but clutch hits have been hard to come by all series for this St. Louis offense that excelled in those situations during the regular season. It’s shaping up to be a wild night on the streets of Boston.
The Red Sox haven’t won a decisive World Series game in front of their home fans since 1918.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20