World Series, Game 6: Cardinals-Red Sox lineups

Oct 30, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT

World Series - Boston Red Sox v St Louis Cardinals - Game Three Getty Images

Lineups for Game 6 at Fenway Park …

Cardinals:
2B Matt Carpenter
RF Carlos Beltran
LF Matt Holliday
DH Allen Craig
C Yadier Molina
1B Matt Adams
3B David Freese
CF Jon Jay
SS Daniel Descalso

SP Michael Wacha

With a right-hander on the mound Cardinals manager Mike Matheny goes back to his usual lineup, which means Carlos Beltran batting second and Jon Jay starting over Shane Robinson in center field. Allen Craig is at designated hitter and in the cleanup spot and Pete Kozma is on the bench in favor of Daniel Descalso at shortstop.

Red Sox:
CF Jacoby Ellsbury
2B Dustin Pedroia
DH David Ortiz
1B Mike Napoli
LF Jonny Gomes
RF Shane Victorino
3B Xander Bogaerts
SS Stephen Drew
C David Ross

SP John Lackey

Shane Victorino is in the lineup again after recovering from back problems, which means Daniel Nava is on the bench again in favor of Jonny Gomes against a right-handed pitcher. David Ross draws another start behind the plate over Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Xander Bogaerts keeps starting at third base over Will Middlebrooks.

1. aceshigh11 - Oct 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I can already feel my ulcer forming…

• nothanksimdriving123 - Oct 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Let’s all hope you recover in time for Thursday’s Game 7. Can you handle extra innings?

2. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Oct 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Will Carlos Beltran earn The Middle Name among Boston fans? His name starts with “B” after all…

3. swmocardsfan - Oct 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I see Matheny is going with blazing speed in the middle of the lineup with Craig, Molina and Adams at 4-5-6…..might be a long night here in Missouri….

• tridecagon - Oct 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Molina, Adams, Freese, Jay…. which of these guys is going to remember how to swing a bat? Yeah, hitting gets quieter in the postseason because you’re facing better pitchers, but Freese in particular looked completely lost until Monday. Can the Cards rediscover the clutch hitting that was their trademark all season long?

• swmocardsfan - Oct 30, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Good point tride. Even if Craig gets on and Molina singles, with Adams backing them up, you could be looking at a potential 5-4-3 triple play with time to spare. I’ve been waiting for the bats to show up, but Boston’s pitching has taken the bats out of their hands. I really am pulling for a Game 7, but man Fenway is going to be a madhouse tonight. Tough environment, tough pitcher who has already clinched a World Series in his career and Ortiz(hands down MVP of the series) against a rookie pitcher, a team who is struggling at the plate and no bench help. On paper, it looks like a weekend parade in Boston…

4. goldmember21 - Oct 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Yeah, this series is going 7 games. St. Louis will win tonight. Take that to the bank Boston.. Oh, and Boston wins tommorow.

• hustleandflomax - Oct 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM

How about we just see how it all plays out, Nostradamus?

5. goldmember21 - Oct 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Hustleandflomax. I just told you how it’s going to play out.

6. drelms - Oct 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Do your selves a favor folks, turn on your laptop and look for free world series p2p and enjoy fox and joe buck free.

For me having to look at buck or hear his moronic comments during a game just ruins it for me. Since turning on my laptop I have not seen any of this great series on fox and believe me, it’s better sans buck.

7. spudchukar - Oct 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Glad to see Gomes in there vs. Nava. I may eat these words, but Nava is a much tougher out.

A's, Tigers big winners at trade deadline