Oct 31, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
After saving 22 games in 25 chances in 2012, Janssen further cemented himself in the closer role this season by compiling a 2.56 ERA, 34 saves, and a 50/13 K/BB ratio over 52 2/3 innings. The 32-year-old quietly owns a 2.46 ERA in 173 appearances dating back to the start of 2011.
Janssen will remain a bargain in 2014, but he’ll be in line for a nice payday next winter if he can remain healthy and effective.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 39
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)