Oct 31, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
After saving 22 games in 25 chances in 2012, Janssen further cemented himself in the closer role this season by compiling a 2.56 ERA, 34 saves, and a 50/13 K/BB ratio over 52 2/3 innings. The 32-year-old quietly owns a 2.46 ERA in 173 appearances dating back to the start of 2011.
Janssen will remain a bargain in 2014, but he’ll be in line for a nice payday next winter if he can remain healthy and effective.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)