Oct 31, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
After saving 22 games in 25 chances in 2012, Janssen further cemented himself in the closer role this season by compiling a 2.56 ERA, 34 saves, and a 50/13 K/BB ratio over 52 2/3 innings. The 32-year-old quietly owns a 2.46 ERA in 173 appearances dating back to the start of 2011.
Janssen will remain a bargain in 2014, but he’ll be in line for a nice payday next winter if he can remain healthy and effective.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)