Oct 31, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that Toronto’s new hitting coach is Kevin Seitzer, who replaces Chad Mottola after the Blue Jays ranked eighth among AL teams in scoring this season.
Seizter was previously the Royals’ hitting coach from 2009-2012, during which time Kansas City ranked 12th, 6th, 10th, and 13th among AL teams in scoring. He was fired in October of last year, with the lack of development for Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas cited as key reasons.
Dutton notes that Seitzer and Blue Jays manager John Gibbons worked together on Kansas City’s coaching staff from 2009-2011.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 55
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (141)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)