Oct 31, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that Toronto’s new hitting coach is Kevin Seitzer, who replaces Chad Mottola after the Blue Jays ranked eighth among AL teams in scoring this season.
Seizter was previously the Royals’ hitting coach from 2009-2012, during which time Kansas City ranked 12th, 6th, 10th, and 13th among AL teams in scoring. He was fired in October of last year, with the lack of development for Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas cited as key reasons.
Dutton notes that Seitzer and Blue Jays manager John Gibbons worked together on Kansas City’s coaching staff from 2009-2011.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 34
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 84
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)