Oct 31, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that Toronto’s new hitting coach is Kevin Seitzer, who replaces Chad Mottola after the Blue Jays ranked eighth among AL teams in scoring this season.
Seizter was previously the Royals’ hitting coach from 2009-2012, during which time Kansas City ranked 12th, 6th, 10th, and 13th among AL teams in scoring. He was fired in October of last year, with the lack of development for Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas cited as key reasons.
Dutton notes that Seitzer and Blue Jays manager John Gibbons worked together on Kansas City’s coaching staff from 2009-2011.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 23
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 37
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)