Oct 31, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Giambi‘s coaching career will have to wait a bit longer.
Giambi hit just .183 for the Indians at age 42, but did manage nine homers in 186 at-bats, including several big bombs, and drew constant praise for the vibe he brought to the clubhouse. That’s no doubt why the Indians are interested in bringing him back, although we’ll see if they actually want to carry a 43-year-old part-time designated hitter mostly for vibe-creating purposes next spring.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 60
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 48
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)