Oct 31, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Giambi‘s coaching career will have to wait a bit longer.
Giambi hit just .183 for the Indians at age 42, but did manage nine homers in 186 at-bats, including several big bombs, and drew constant praise for the vibe he brought to the clubhouse. That’s no doubt why the Indians are interested in bringing him back, although we’ll see if they actually want to carry a 43-year-old part-time designated hitter mostly for vibe-creating purposes next spring.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 56
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)