Oct 31, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Last offseason Lindstrom signed a one-year, $2.8 million deal with the 2014 team option or $500,000 buyout and then he threw 61 innings with a 3.12 ERA. His 46/23 K/BB ratio was underwhelming, but that’s always been true for Lindstrom and he made up for the lack of strikeouts by allowing just two homers in 260 plate appearances.
Lindstrom will fill a setup role in front of closer Addison Reed next season.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59