Oct 31, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Last offseason Lindstrom signed a one-year, $2.8 million deal with the 2014 team option or $500,000 buyout and then he threw 61 innings with a 3.12 ERA. His 46/23 K/BB ratio was underwhelming, but that’s always been true for Lindstrom and he made up for the lack of strikeouts by allowing just two homers in 260 plate appearances.
Lindstrom will fill a setup role in front of closer Addison Reed next season.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 4
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)