Oct 31, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Last offseason Lindstrom signed a one-year, $2.8 million deal with the 2014 team option or $500,000 buyout and then he threw 61 innings with a 3.12 ERA. His 46/23 K/BB ratio was underwhelming, but that’s always been true for Lindstrom and he made up for the lack of strikeouts by allowing just two homers in 260 plate appearances.
Lindstrom will fill a setup role in front of closer Addison Reed next season.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)