Nov 1, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Crisp will make $7.5 million and Anderson will make $8 million, but they chose to buy out Suzuki for $650,000 instead of paying him $8.5 million and bought out Young for $1.5 million instead of a $11 million option.
For the most part all four moves were relative no-brainers, although there’s been some speculation that the A’s could look to trade Anderson to a team more in need of young pitching help after building a strong rotation mostly without him this season.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)