Nov 1, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Crisp will make $7.5 million and Anderson will make $8 million, but they chose to buy out Suzuki for $650,000 instead of paying him $8.5 million and bought out Young for $1.5 million instead of a $11 million option.
For the most part all four moves were relative no-brainers, although there’s been some speculation that the A’s could look to trade Anderson to a team more in need of young pitching help after building a strong rotation mostly without him this season.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)