Nov 1, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
I just got an email from a P.R. person about some event Gillette is putting on Monday in which some of the Red Sox’ beards will be shaved:
Following the World Series victory, Gillette is helping champions, MVP David Ortiz, Shane Victorino, Boston Police Officer Steve Horgan and one lucky bearded fan trim down and shave off their rugged beards at the Gillette World Shaving Headquarters … Gillette is helping Ortiz and Victorino feel their best with well-deserved shaves. The hometown heroes will start their offseason as champions well groomed and shaved.
I also presume that, since there is a “World Shaving Headquarters,” all of us have been shaving at field offices. Who knew?
But don’t bother changing your plans for Monday to go watch the shaving. The press release says the event is “open to media only.” I’d go, but man, I figure the throngs of reporters will be so great that I won’t even be able to see what’s going on.
In other news: Fight the Power.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11