Nov 1, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
I just got an email from a P.R. person about some event Gillette is putting on Monday in which some of the Red Sox’ beards will be shaved:
Following the World Series victory, Gillette is helping champions, MVP David Ortiz, Shane Victorino, Boston Police Officer Steve Horgan and one lucky bearded fan trim down and shave off their rugged beards at the Gillette World Shaving Headquarters … Gillette is helping Ortiz and Victorino feel their best with well-deserved shaves. The hometown heroes will start their offseason as champions well groomed and shaved.
I also presume that, since there is a “World Shaving Headquarters,” all of us have been shaving at field offices. Who knew?
But don’t bother changing your plans for Monday to go watch the shaving. The press release says the event is “open to media only.” I’d go, but man, I figure the throngs of reporters will be so great that I won’t even be able to see what’s going on.
In other news: Fight the Power.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 12
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 34
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)