Nov 1, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
I just got an email from a P.R. person about some event Gillette is putting on Monday in which some of the Red Sox’ beards will be shaved:
Following the World Series victory, Gillette is helping champions, MVP David Ortiz, Shane Victorino, Boston Police Officer Steve Horgan and one lucky bearded fan trim down and shave off their rugged beards at the Gillette World Shaving Headquarters … Gillette is helping Ortiz and Victorino feel their best with well-deserved shaves. The hometown heroes will start their offseason as champions well groomed and shaved.
I also presume that, since there is a “World Shaving Headquarters,” all of us have been shaving at field offices. Who knew?
But don’t bother changing your plans for Monday to go watch the shaving. The press release says the event is “open to media only.” I’d go, but man, I figure the throngs of reporters will be so great that I won’t even be able to see what’s going on.
In other news: Fight the Power.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)