Nov 1, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jason Kubel didn’t hit much after being traded from Arizona to Cleveland in late August and the Indians have declined his $7.5 million option for 2014.
It was an expected move and in fact so expected that the Diamondbacks sent enough cash to cover the $1 million buyout of Kubel’s option as part of the trade.
As a free agent two offseasons ago Kubel landed a two-year, $16 million deal and he played well in the first season of the deal, but now at age 31 and coming off a rough year he may have to settle for a one-year pact as platoon designated hitter or left fielder.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)