Nov 1, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jason Kubel didn’t hit much after being traded from Arizona to Cleveland in late August and the Indians have declined his $7.5 million option for 2014.
It was an expected move and in fact so expected that the Diamondbacks sent enough cash to cover the $1 million buyout of Kubel’s option as part of the trade.
As a free agent two offseasons ago Kubel landed a two-year, $16 million deal and he played well in the first season of the deal, but now at age 31 and coming off a rough year he may have to settle for a one-year pact as platoon designated hitter or left fielder.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)