Nov 1, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jason Kubel didn’t hit much after being traded from Arizona to Cleveland in late August and the Indians have declined his $7.5 million option for 2014.
It was an expected move and in fact so expected that the Diamondbacks sent enough cash to cover the $1 million buyout of Kubel’s option as part of the trade.
As a free agent two offseasons ago Kubel landed a two-year, $16 million deal and he played well in the first season of the deal, but now at age 31 and coming off a rough year he may have to settle for a one-year pact as platoon designated hitter or left fielder.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (186)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)