Nov 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Gutierrez once looked like a potential star, combining exceptional defense in center field with above-average offense, but he’s been healthy enough to play just 41, 40, and 92 games during the past three seasons and Seattle chose not to keep him around for $7.5 million.
Saunders signed a one-year, $6.5 million deal as a free agent last offseason and that deal included a 2014 mutual option that’s now been turned down after he threw 183 innings with a 5.36 ERA at age 32.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)