Nov 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Gutierrez once looked like a potential star, combining exceptional defense in center field with above-average offense, but he’s been healthy enough to play just 41, 40, and 92 games during the past three seasons and Seattle chose not to keep him around for $7.5 million.
Saunders signed a one-year, $6.5 million deal as a free agent last offseason and that deal included a 2014 mutual option that’s now been turned down after he threw 183 innings with a 5.36 ERA at age 32.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 119
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (119)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)