Nov 1, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
It was obviously a no-brainer move, as Santana missed the entire season following shoulder surgery and is no sure thing to be ready for the beginning of next year. He’ll likely be looking for an incentive-laden one-year contract on the open market and publicly at least the Mets have indicated they’re interested in re-signing him for a much, much lower price.
Santana last saw action in an MLB game on August 17, 2012. He ended up throwing 717 innings with a 3.18 ERA for the Mets while making $137.5 million.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)