Nov 1, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
Great. Now, ten years from now, when these two lead the White Sox and Cubs to the World Series, they’ll have to answer all kinds of questions from the media:
Chicago White Sox Minor League right-handed pitcher Nicholas Blount has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension of Blount, who is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Great Falls Voyagers of the Pioneer League, will be effective at the start of next season.
I once spent a week trying a case in Federal Court in Great Falls, Montana. It was January 2004. It was around 20 degrees below zero before the wind chill. When I got my rental car at the airport the guy handed me an engine block heater. My hotel didn’t have any internet service so I went to an internet cafe in a strip mall full of old men looking at pornography.
I’m not saying such conditions excuse drug use. I’m just saying that I understand. Also:
Chicago Cubs Minor League shortstop Elliot Soto has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation for a drug of abuse. The suspension of Soto, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Daytona Cubs of the Florida State League, will be effective at the start of next season.
Soto was a 13th round draft pick, decided not to sign, then came back and was a 15th round draft pick. His stock has not exactly rebounded.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)