The Red Sox have planned their victory parade

Nov 1, 2013, 11:05 AM EST

Duck Boat

Break out the Duck boats. The Red Sox victory parade will kick off at 10AM tomorrow morning. It’s the same route as the 2004 parade:

. . . the caravan of an estimated 24 duck boats will head from the ballpark onto Boylston Street at Ipswich Street. The duck boats will roll down Boylston, turn left on Tremont, then take another left onto Cambridge and a right on Blossom before the vehicles launch themselves into the Charles River for a watery victory lap.

That route will take the parade past the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Boylston. It would not be at all surprising to see a touching moment as the parade passes the location which, unfortunately, served as a rallying point for the Red Sox, their fans and their city this year.

1. hojo20 - Nov 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM

It’s about time. I haven’t been to a Duck Boat parade since the Bruins won in June 2011.

• jcmeyer10 - Nov 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Right, I almost want the Celtics to suck this year just to see who actually is a fan.

• 18thstreet - Nov 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I don’t follow the NBA, but from what I understand: you’ll get your wish.

2. stoutfiles - Nov 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

“It would not be at all surprising to see a touching moment”

Yeah it was a touching moment when Boston fans flipped a car with a person in it after winning.

• jcmeyer10 - Nov 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Two can be exclusive. It’s a shame and should never happen but it’s personal for the guys that won. They were counted out from day one. This parade is the final F U to the follks (everyone) who didn’t believe.

• 18thstreet - Nov 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

What kind of a lunatic believed (back in April) that THIS team was going to win the World Series? You’ve got to be kidding me.

At the time of the Punto trade, I thought, “At least they can rebuild to being a playoff club in three years.” And nothing that happened in the off season changed my mind. Total bridge year.

I hated the Victorino signing. I thought keeping Ortiz (90 games played in 2012) was a PR move. Thought Lackey was worthless. I thought Stephen Drew was keeping the seat warm for Boegarts, and maybe be traded before the season was over. I never thought Iglesias — who I liked a lot — would ever hit worth a damn. I thought — after the Sox withdrew the three-year deal with Napoli — that Napoli was going to be worthless. I couldn’t believe Ryan Dempster was the third starter, until I considered the alternatives. And at least it was only a two-year deal.

I loved the Uehara signing, but I NEVER thought he was going to be this good. I thought Ellsbury and Pedroia would have bounce-back seasons. I hoped for the best from Lester and Buchholz, but had no idea what was going to happen with either.

I’m glad to have been so very wrong about so many things. But, for Pete’s sake: If you think I didn’t ‘believe’ in this team from the beginning, then you’re right. You’d have to be a preposterous homer to think otherwise. And that’s why this team was such a delight — and why we’ll remember them more fondly than the 2007 champions.

• raysfan1 - Nov 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Idiots vandalizing property and injuring other people aren’t fans. Unfortunately every city has it’s share of such idiots and so such things happen in the victor’s city every year for every major sport.

• Old Gator - Nov 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

And while we’re at it, you think there will be some memorial to Victoria Snelgrove, the innocent fan who was murdered by that incompetent cop playing Wild Bill Hickock with his beanbag gun in 2004?

• matt14gg - Nov 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

“Old Gator”…how well did you know her?

• Old Gator - Nov 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

An extraordinarily stupid and meaningless question. I hope for your sake it was a one-off thing and not indicative of your normative level of brain function.

On the chance that you were just having a bad day, let me refresh your alleged memory: the girl was sitting on a step or some such thing when the clueless morons of the local gendarmerie opened fire, randomly, into the crowd with their crowd-control guns – not because of violence but because they wouldn’t move away from the stadium grounds. Snelgrove, a few days shy of 22 years old, was hit in the eye and bled to death after one pellet fragmented and penetrated her brain. The city and the police admitted full responsibility for their thuggish stupidity (while simultaneously blaming the rest of the crowd, of course), removed the supposedly non-lethal weapons from service, fired or suspended four officers involved for their horrifically poor judgment, and between the city and the manufacturers of the weapons paid the girl’s family $15 million dollars in settlement.

Now then, what would my knowing or not knowing her have to do with the circumstances of her murder?

• hockeyflow33 - Nov 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

A couple of idiot college kids from out of state aren’t even a part of the city

• 18thstreet - Nov 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Yeah, they are.

Idiot college kids are part of what make Boston awesome. They sustain the club scene, the music scene. They’re great. Not all of them, but most of them.

• Old Gator - Nov 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

And they’re there because Boston and its metropolitan area houses arguably the two top universities in the country – Harvard and MIT – several of its best music conservatories, and several dozen other universities and colleges, many of which would rank in the top ten percent of the best schools in America. Many, if not most, of those “idiot” college students represent the top tier of the nation’s (and the world’s) leadership of the next generation in the arts, sciences and law. Not bad for idiots, eh?

• hockeyflow33 - Nov 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Harvard and MIT are in Cambridge and not close to Fenway. There’s a handful of other schools within walking distance where these idiots probably came from.

• Old Gator - Nov 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Boy, the bright bulbs are all really screwed into the ceiling tonight, aren’t they? I said Boston metropolitan area. I wanted to make sure folks knew I realized that kids from Cambridge couldn’t possibly make it all the way to Fenway Park.

• hockeyflow33 - Nov 2, 2013 at 3:33 AM

If you wanted to make sure, so us bright lightbulbs understood, maybe you shouldn’t name specific schools that you don’t want to reference.

• Old Gator - Nov 2, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Quick on the uptake, aren’t you? Ah well. Hockey season is upon us now so you’re back in your natural habitat where figuring things out won’t be obligatory.

• hockeyflow33 - Nov 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Congrats on shoehorning in statements to try and sound intelligent.

• matt14gg - Nov 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Yes, and almost immediately a good Bostonian started a GoFundMe account to help out the guy who owns the car. And the nice thing about the GoFundMe account is that after they get enough money to cover they guy’s expenses for repairing the car, the rest of the money is being donated to The One Fund. That’s right, as usual, even when Boston falls down (though I would suggest that one flipped car, and 11 arrests in the aftermath of a sports championship, hardly qualifies as a “riot”), it picks itself up in a big way.

3. jcmeyer10 - Nov 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Going into Boston on Saturday but no intent on going to the parade. Just don’t care for the shenanigans and I showed my support by actually watching games in June and not just in October.

4. southcapitolstreet - Nov 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Damn – somebody needs to call the mayor of DC and tell him to call off the victory parade we planned back in February

• NatsLady - Nov 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

LOL. You suppose the deposit on the duck boats is refundable? That would be so cool to see our boys on boats in the Potomac or the Anacostia or both… maybe next year.

5. sfb5761 - Nov 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Anybody know if NESN is going to televise this?

6. richwizl - Nov 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

It will be sunny and fairly warm for the parade tomorrow morning. Take the train and go early, as there will be a couple million people jammed in there.

7. matt14gg - Nov 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Don’t worry, there’s not a lot of planning that has to go into this. Here in Boston we’re pretty used to championship parades.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4521)
  2. M. Kemp (3627)
  3. M. Cabrera (2866)
  4. M. Morse (2551)
  5. J. Kang (2487)
  1. J. Upton (2442)
  2. A. Rios (2171)
  3. C. Headley (2152)
  4. W. Middlebrooks (2009)
  5. J. Peavy (1838)