Nov 1, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Wandy Rodriguez‘s decision may have been at least somewhat tough had he put together a healthy season, but after spending the final four months on the disabled list it was an easy call: He exercised a $13 million player option to remain with the Pirates in 2014.
Before going down with elbow problems in early June he started 12 games with a 3.59 ERA and Rodriguez has posted a 3.66 ERA in 138 innings since the Pirates acquired him from the Astros in mid-2012.
If healthy he’s proven to be a solid mid-rotation starter and $13 million for a one-year deal is hardly a crazy price tag for that, but obviously the injury concerns make it a risk for the Pirates.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)