Nov 3, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
The Tigers conducted an introductory press conference for new manager Brad Ausmus on Sunday evening at Comerica Park. Jason Beck, the Tigers beat writer at MLB.com, was on the scene:
Dombrowski, Ausmus at the podium. pic.twitter.com/bQ2qwdCqSb
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) November 3, 2013
“I’m well aware that you don’t generally get dropped into an opportunity with a team like the Detroit Tigers,” Ausmus, 44, told the gathered media members. “I was just playing the game three years ago. I’m not that far removed from the players. I have a pretty good understanding of how the clubhouse dynamics work.”
“We feel that we’ve made a tremendous selection to guide us,” Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said.
Ausmus is taking over for Jim Leyland, who won 700 games in his eight-year stay. Mighty shoes to fill.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)