Nov 3, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
The Tigers conducted an introductory press conference for new manager Brad Ausmus on Sunday evening at Comerica Park. Jason Beck, the Tigers beat writer at MLB.com, was on the scene:
Dombrowski, Ausmus at the podium. pic.twitter.com/bQ2qwdCqSb
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) November 3, 2013
“I’m well aware that you don’t generally get dropped into an opportunity with a team like the Detroit Tigers,” Ausmus, 44, told the gathered media members. “I was just playing the game three years ago. I’m not that far removed from the players. I have a pretty good understanding of how the clubhouse dynamics work.”
“We feel that we’ve made a tremendous selection to guide us,” Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said.
Ausmus is taking over for Jim Leyland, who won 700 games in his eight-year stay. Mighty shoes to fill.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20