Nov 3, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
The Tigers conducted an introductory press conference for new manager Brad Ausmus on Sunday evening at Comerica Park. Jason Beck, the Tigers beat writer at MLB.com, was on the scene:
Dombrowski, Ausmus at the podium. pic.twitter.com/bQ2qwdCqSb
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) November 3, 2013
“I’m well aware that you don’t generally get dropped into an opportunity with a team like the Detroit Tigers,” Ausmus, 44, told the gathered media members. “I was just playing the game three years ago. I’m not that far removed from the players. I have a pretty good understanding of how the clubhouse dynamics work.”
“We feel that we’ve made a tremendous selection to guide us,” Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said.
Ausmus is taking over for Jim Leyland, who won 700 games in his eight-year stay. Mighty shoes to fill.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8