Nov 4, 2013, 8:39 AM EDT
A few years ago — before he went to prison and presumably got off all of the substances he was on — Lenny Dykstra enjoyed talking smack about Mitch Williams, blaming him for losing the 1993 World Series and such.
Which, sure, maybe his ineffectiveness was the main cause of that, but rarely do you hear former teammates being so pointed about it, especially many years later. Indeed, Dykstra’s inability to separate sporting life from real life and to let old bad things retreat into the past is pretty good evidence of the sort of baloney floating around his head which caused him to get into all kinds of trouble to begin win.
Well, he’s a free man now, and he was at the same memorabilia show at a mall recently and they bumped into each other. Mitch didn’t want anything to do with Dykstra, as this video from NBC 10 in Philadelphia shows.
Can’t say as I blame Williams.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)