Nov 4, 2013, 8:39 AM EST
A few years ago — before he went to prison and presumably got off all of the substances he was on — Lenny Dykstra enjoyed talking smack about Mitch Williams, blaming him for losing the 1993 World Series and such.
Which, sure, maybe his ineffectiveness was the main cause of that, but rarely do you hear former teammates being so pointed about it, especially many years later. Indeed, Dykstra’s inability to separate sporting life from real life and to let old bad things retreat into the past is pretty good evidence of the sort of baloney floating around his head which caused him to get into all kinds of trouble to begin win.
Well, he’s a free man now, and he was at the same memorabilia show at a mall recently and they bumped into each other. Mitch didn’t want anything to do with Dykstra, as this video from NBC 10 in Philadelphia shows.
Can’t say as I blame Williams.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)