Nov 4, 2013, 8:39 AM EDT
A few years ago — before he went to prison and presumably got off all of the substances he was on — Lenny Dykstra enjoyed talking smack about Mitch Williams, blaming him for losing the 1993 World Series and such.
Which, sure, maybe his ineffectiveness was the main cause of that, but rarely do you hear former teammates being so pointed about it, especially many years later. Indeed, Dykstra’s inability to separate sporting life from real life and to let old bad things retreat into the past is pretty good evidence of the sort of baloney floating around his head which caused him to get into all kinds of trouble to begin win.
Well, he’s a free man now, and he was at the same memorabilia show at a mall recently and they bumped into each other. Mitch didn’t want anything to do with Dykstra, as this video from NBC 10 in Philadelphia shows.
Can’t say as I blame Williams.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)