Nov 4, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
Casilla was claimed off waivers from the Twins in November, but played sparingly for the Orioles and hit just .214 with a .563 OPS in 64 games. He’s still just 29 years old, but Casilla has a .634 career OPS and hasn’t really played enough shortstop to be considered a true utility man.
He made $1.7 million this year, but may have to settle for a minor-league deal in 2014.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)