Nov 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
My guess is that this begins the Wilin Rosario: first baseman experiment in earnest. For Mr. Rosario is a truly gifted hitter and a truly not-very-good defensive catcher. He’s a future Mike Napoli. Except Napoli used to catch fairly decently if I remember correctly.
Obviously the simple solution here would be to create some sort of Ruiz-Rosario cybog/golem thing, but the Rockies are a conservative organization and have never been accused of having that sort of brilliant vision.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8