Nov 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
My guess is that this begins the Wilin Rosario: first baseman experiment in earnest. For Mr. Rosario is a truly gifted hitter and a truly not-very-good defensive catcher. He’s a future Mike Napoli. Except Napoli used to catch fairly decently if I remember correctly.
Obviously the simple solution here would be to create some sort of Ruiz-Rosario cybog/golem thing, but the Rockies are a conservative organization and have never been accused of having that sort of brilliant vision.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)