Nov 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
My guess is that this begins the Wilin Rosario: first baseman experiment in earnest. For Mr. Rosario is a truly gifted hitter and a truly not-very-good defensive catcher. He’s a future Mike Napoli. Except Napoli used to catch fairly decently if I remember correctly.
Obviously the simple solution here would be to create some sort of Ruiz-Rosario cybog/golem thing, but the Rockies are a conservative organization and have never been accused of having that sort of brilliant vision.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)