Nov 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
My guess is that this begins the Wilin Rosario: first baseman experiment in earnest. For Mr. Rosario is a truly gifted hitter and a truly not-very-good defensive catcher. He’s a future Mike Napoli. Except Napoli used to catch fairly decently if I remember correctly.
Obviously the simple solution here would be to create some sort of Ruiz-Rosario cybog/golem thing, but the Rockies are a conservative organization and have never been accused of having that sort of brilliant vision.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)