Nov 4, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
My guess is that this begins the Wilin Rosario: first baseman experiment in earnest. For Mr. Rosario is a truly gifted hitter and a truly not-very-good defensive catcher. He’s a future Mike Napoli. Except Napoli used to catch fairly decently if I remember correctly.
Obviously the simple solution here would be to create some sort of Ruiz-Rosario cybog/golem thing, but the Rockies are a conservative organization and have never been accused of having that sort of brilliant vision.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)