Nov 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
After promoting Dino Abel from third base coach to bench coach the Angels have hired Gary DiSarcina as their new third base coach.
DiSarcina spent a dozen seasons as the Angels’ shortstop before getting into coaching, managing this year at Triple-A for the Red Sox.
DiSarcina and hitting coach Don Baylor are the new additions to manager Mike Scioscia’s coaching staff, which underwent a lot fewer changes than expected while both Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto avoided getting canned as well.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)