Nov 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
After promoting Dino Abel from third base coach to bench coach the Angels have hired Gary DiSarcina as their new third base coach.
DiSarcina spent a dozen seasons as the Angels’ shortstop before getting into coaching, managing this year at Triple-A for the Red Sox.
DiSarcina and hitting coach Don Baylor are the new additions to manager Mike Scioscia’s coaching staff, which underwent a lot fewer changes than expected while both Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto avoided getting canned as well.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)