Nov 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
After promoting Dino Abel from third base coach to bench coach the Angels have hired Gary DiSarcina as their new third base coach.
DiSarcina spent a dozen seasons as the Angels’ shortstop before getting into coaching, managing this year at Triple-A for the Red Sox.
DiSarcina and hitting coach Don Baylor are the new additions to manager Mike Scioscia’s coaching staff, which underwent a lot fewer changes than expected while both Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto avoided getting canned as well.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15