Nov 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
After promoting Dino Abel from third base coach to bench coach the Angels have hired Gary DiSarcina as their new third base coach.
DiSarcina spent a dozen seasons as the Angels’ shortstop before getting into coaching, managing this year at Triple-A for the Red Sox.
DiSarcina and hitting coach Don Baylor are the new additions to manager Mike Scioscia’s coaching staff, which underwent a lot fewer changes than expected while both Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto avoided getting canned as well.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17