Nov 5, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
After promoting Dino Abel from third base coach to bench coach the Angels have hired Gary DiSarcina as their new third base coach.
DiSarcina spent a dozen seasons as the Angels’ shortstop before getting into coaching, managing this year at Triple-A for the Red Sox.
DiSarcina and hitting coach Don Baylor are the new additions to manager Mike Scioscia’s coaching staff, which underwent a lot fewer changes than expected while both Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto avoided getting canned as well.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)