Nov 5, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Castillo reports that Jhonny Peralta and Stephen Drew are the Mets’ top shortstop targets, but if both get out of their price range (or they decide not to give up a draft pick to sign Drew) then Furcal might make some sense.
Furcal missed the entire season following Tommy John surgery and at age 36 a successful comeback is far from guaranteed, especially at shortstop. He hit just .264 with five homers and a .671 OPS in 121 games for the Cardinals in 2012, undergoing the elbow surgery this spring.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)