Nov 5, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Castillo reports that Jhonny Peralta and Stephen Drew are the Mets’ top shortstop targets, but if both get out of their price range (or they decide not to give up a draft pick to sign Drew) then Furcal might make some sense.
Furcal missed the entire season following Tommy John surgery and at age 36 a successful comeback is far from guaranteed, especially at shortstop. He hit just .264 with five homers and a .671 OPS in 121 games for the Cardinals in 2012, undergoing the elbow surgery this spring.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 62
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 41
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)