Nov 5, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Castillo reports that Jhonny Peralta and Stephen Drew are the Mets’ top shortstop targets, but if both get out of their price range (or they decide not to give up a draft pick to sign Drew) then Furcal might make some sense.
Furcal missed the entire season following Tommy John surgery and at age 36 a successful comeback is far from guaranteed, especially at shortstop. He hit just .264 with five homers and a .671 OPS in 121 games for the Cardinals in 2012, undergoing the elbow surgery this spring.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)