Wanna buy Eric Gagne’s house? In a short sale?

Nov 5, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT

Eric Gagne house

Eric Gagne’s baseball heyday was 2003-2004. That was a great time to buy real estate. Things peaked in 2005 and collapsed in 2008. That pretty much describes Gagne’s baseball trajectory too.

So it’s not at all shocking that, for the second time in a couple of years, Gagne has a home on the market in a short sale:

Exquisite acre plus home on quiet cul-de-sac in the heart of Paradise Valley. Soft contemporary and sophisticated home features a large master bedroom overlooking the lush backyard, theatre in basement, exercise/office & sundeck upstairs with beautiful views of Mummy Mountain. Private resort-like backyard with pool, spa, firepit, children’s play area, sport court, putting green & limestone cov’d patios with misting system. Gated drive way with four car garage including built in storage cabinets. Truly a gorgeous home.

It’s listing for $2.695M and, according to Realtor.com anyway, hasn’t sold or been listed for more of that. So I guess Gagne has taken loans and things and it’s liened up until Hell won’t have it.  That’s kinda sad.

1. tfbuckfutter - Nov 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM

It’s really not fair that I can’t afford this house.

• bigharold - Nov 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

“I am arguably at least as good a pitcher as Gagne was his last two years in the league.

That’s not saying a lot.

• tfbuckfutter - Nov 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Yeah.

I know.

2. uwsptke - Nov 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM

The Brewers gave him ten million dollars to stink up the joint for a year. Where’s the money?

• missthemexpos - Nov 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I remember that, the Brew Crew were no doubt asking “Where’s the pitching?”

3. APBA Guy - Nov 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I’ve seen hotel pool areas that aren’t as nice as this house’s.

4. jm91rs - Nov 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Usually these homes don’t look livable, but I could see myself living in this one. If it were a little closer to my hometown I’d probably make an offer. It’s a short sale so the bank would take 300k, right?

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto