Nov 6, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
Another day without actual arbitration proceedings, another day with lawyers in the A-Rod case finding a camera and going off. This from Lanny Davis, lawyer to A-Rod and former lawyer to Bill Clinton. So he knows from media attention:
“I repeat my request that U.S. authorities should initiate an investigation as to whether any federal crimes have been committed by MLB investigators as well as those in the Commissioner’s office who may have been complicit in this misconduct — for example, in the purchase of stolen documents; or whether MLB filed information with the IRS that federal law requires for this type of a commercial transaction involving $125,000 in cash.”
That’d be the $125,000 paid for documents — or whatever it paid for — from Biogenesis. That were stolen, by the way, but never you mind.
Indeed, it’s hard to look at everything Major League Baseball has done — or, at the very least, is accused of doing — in the course of the A-Rod investigation and not believe that it’s, at best, acted a bit shady. I mean, buying stolen documents for $125,000 is not exactly your typical employment discipline scenario.
That said: fat chance of anything coming of this.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 10
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 28
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)