Nov 6, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
Another day without actual arbitration proceedings, another day with lawyers in the A-Rod case finding a camera and going off. This from Lanny Davis, lawyer to A-Rod and former lawyer to Bill Clinton. So he knows from media attention:
“I repeat my request that U.S. authorities should initiate an investigation as to whether any federal crimes have been committed by MLB investigators as well as those in the Commissioner’s office who may have been complicit in this misconduct — for example, in the purchase of stolen documents; or whether MLB filed information with the IRS that federal law requires for this type of a commercial transaction involving $125,000 in cash.”
That’d be the $125,000 paid for documents — or whatever it paid for — from Biogenesis. That were stolen, by the way, but never you mind.
Indeed, it’s hard to look at everything Major League Baseball has done — or, at the very least, is accused of doing — in the course of the A-Rod investigation and not believe that it’s, at best, acted a bit shady. I mean, buying stolen documents for $125,000 is not exactly your typical employment discipline scenario.
That said: fat chance of anything coming of this.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Markakis played his first nine seasons in the majors with the Orioles before signing a four-year, $44 million contract with the Braves last December.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:22 PM EDT
The Astros acquired Scott Kazmir from the Athletics last week, but they are still thinking big as they make a push for the postseason.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
Tolleson is available for tonight’s game against the Yankees.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Greene’s 6.72 ERA is the highest among all MLB pitchers with at least 80 innings pitched.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:08 PM EDT
Weaver has been out since July 20 with left hip inflammation.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Clippard and Jeurys Familia should give the Mets a potent late-inning combo.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Hamstring and calf injuries have limited Victorino to just 33 games this season.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:41 PM EDT
For Hamels to approve a trade there, however, the expression of interest would have to be mutual.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
He’s officially a free agent.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He’ll face Toronto.
Jul 27, 2015, 3:04 PM EDT
Strasburg is coming back from a strained oblique muscle.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Could be a prank. Part of me actually hopes it is because it’d be hilarious. But it could just be a new way of breakin’ a scoop.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
AT&T Park was tops last year. Maybe those Soylent Green burgers they’re noted for aren’t as vegetarian-friendly as we thought?
Jul 27, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
And it isn’t a title he gave himself.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
He was having a fantastic first half before the injury.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
Never in our Wildest Dreams would we have thought the Astros would be in the playoffs this year. But it could happen now.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
It “fell apart near the finish line.”
Jul 27, 2015, 10:39 AM EDT
Lordy, lordy look who’s 40! And still playing!
Jul 27, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Interested teams include the Yankees, Mets, and Nationals
Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Lind mashes righties. And hasn’t been too terribly against lefties either, for that matter.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 19
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)