Nov 6, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Fired as Nationals hitting coach in the middle of the season, Rick Eckstein has found a new job on manager Mike Scioscia’s staff as the Angels’ assistant hitting coach.
Eckstein took the fall for the Nationals’ awful first half offensively, being let go after four seasons on the job that included working under both Davey Johnson and Jim Riggleman.
His little brother, David Eckstein, played four seasons for the Angels from 2001-2004.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)