Nov 6, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Fired as Nationals hitting coach in the middle of the season, Rick Eckstein has found a new job on manager Mike Scioscia’s staff as the Angels’ assistant hitting coach.
Eckstein took the fall for the Nationals’ awful first half offensively, being let go after four seasons on the job that included working under both Davey Johnson and Jim Riggleman.
His little brother, David Eckstein, played four seasons for the Angels from 2001-2004.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)