Nov 6, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Fired as Nationals hitting coach in the middle of the season, Rick Eckstein has found a new job on manager Mike Scioscia’s staff as the Angels’ assistant hitting coach.
Eckstein took the fall for the Nationals’ awful first half offensively, being let go after four seasons on the job that included working under both Davey Johnson and Jim Riggleman.
His little brother, David Eckstein, played four seasons for the Angels from 2001-2004.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)