Nov 6, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Fired as Nationals hitting coach in the middle of the season, Rick Eckstein has found a new job on manager Mike Scioscia’s staff as the Angels’ assistant hitting coach.
Eckstein took the fall for the Nationals’ awful first half offensively, being let go after four seasons on the job that included working under both Davey Johnson and Jim Riggleman.
His little brother, David Eckstein, played four seasons for the Angels from 2001-2004.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69