Nov 6, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Fired as Nationals hitting coach in the middle of the season, Rick Eckstein has found a new job on manager Mike Scioscia’s staff as the Angels’ assistant hitting coach.
Eckstein took the fall for the Nationals’ awful first half offensively, being let go after four seasons on the job that included working under both Davey Johnson and Jim Riggleman.
His little brother, David Eckstein, played four seasons for the Angels from 2001-2004.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27