Anna Benson pleads guilty to aggravated assault, possession of a firearm in her attack on Kris Benson
Nov 6, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Remember back in July when Anna Benson, the estranged-and-soon-to-be-ex-wife of former MLB pitcher Kris Benson burst into his house with a gun, a knife, a metal baton and a bullet-proof vest, smashed a computer and demanded $30,000? If you don’t, well, where are your priorities?
Anyway, she pleaded guilty to that today. Or at least two charges that arose out of that: aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. In exchange for the plea, she’s not going to do any more jail time than the four months she’s been under lock and key since the crime. She’s getting 15 years probation.
It’s hard to deny that part of that is because Anna Benson is simply not well. The court acknowledged that in its sentence, the court has ordered into a psychiatric and substance abuse program, where she will be confined on an inpatient basis for as many as 90 days. She will not be permitted to contact her family during that time.
She’s lucky she’s getting help. She’s also lucky she didn’t get a ton of jail time.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)