Anna Benson pleads guilty to aggravated assault, possession of a firearm in her attack on Kris Benson
Nov 6, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Remember back in July when Anna Benson, the estranged-and-soon-to-be-ex-wife of former MLB pitcher Kris Benson burst into his house with a gun, a knife, a metal baton and a bullet-proof vest, smashed a computer and demanded $30,000? If you don’t, well, where are your priorities?
Anyway, she pleaded guilty to that today. Or at least two charges that arose out of that: aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. In exchange for the plea, she’s not going to do any more jail time than the four months she’s been under lock and key since the crime. She’s getting 15 years probation.
It’s hard to deny that part of that is because Anna Benson is simply not well. The court acknowledged that in its sentence, the court has ordered into a psychiatric and substance abuse program, where she will be confined on an inpatient basis for as many as 90 days. She will not be permitted to contact her family during that time.
She’s lucky she’s getting help. She’s also lucky she didn’t get a ton of jail time.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)