Anna Benson pleads guilty to aggravated assault, possession of a firearm in her attack on Kris Benson
Nov 6, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Remember back in July when Anna Benson, the estranged-and-soon-to-be-ex-wife of former MLB pitcher Kris Benson burst into his house with a gun, a knife, a metal baton and a bullet-proof vest, smashed a computer and demanded $30,000? If you don’t, well, where are your priorities?
Anyway, she pleaded guilty to that today. Or at least two charges that arose out of that: aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. In exchange for the plea, she’s not going to do any more jail time than the four months she’s been under lock and key since the crime. She’s getting 15 years probation.
It’s hard to deny that part of that is because Anna Benson is simply not well. The court acknowledged that in its sentence, the court has ordered into a psychiatric and substance abuse program, where she will be confined on an inpatient basis for as many as 90 days. She will not be permitted to contact her family during that time.
She’s lucky she’s getting help. She’s also lucky she didn’t get a ton of jail time.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)