Nov 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Dodgers third base coach Tim Wallach was a finalist for the manager gigs in Detroit and Seattle, but now that he’s been passed over for Brad Ausmus and Lloyd McClendon he may switch roles in Los Angeles.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers are considering shifting Wallach from third base coach to bench coach, where he’d replace the recently fired Trey Hillman as Don Mattingly’s right-hand man. Hillman and Mattingly were incredibly close on and off the field, so that could be a bit of a weird situation. Wallach has spent three years coaching third base on Mattingly’s staff.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)