Nov 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Dodgers third base coach Tim Wallach was a finalist for the manager gigs in Detroit and Seattle, but now that he’s been passed over for Brad Ausmus and Lloyd McClendon he may switch roles in Los Angeles.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers are considering shifting Wallach from third base coach to bench coach, where he’d replace the recently fired Trey Hillman as Don Mattingly’s right-hand man. Hillman and Mattingly were incredibly close on and off the field, so that could be a bit of a weird situation. Wallach has spent three years coaching third base on Mattingly’s staff.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 15
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 101
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 159
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)