Nov 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Dodgers third base coach Tim Wallach was a finalist for the manager gigs in Detroit and Seattle, but now that he’s been passed over for Brad Ausmus and Lloyd McClendon he may switch roles in Los Angeles.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers are considering shifting Wallach from third base coach to bench coach, where he’d replace the recently fired Trey Hillman as Don Mattingly’s right-hand man. Hillman and Mattingly were incredibly close on and off the field, so that could be a bit of a weird situation. Wallach has spent three years coaching third base on Mattingly’s staff.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)