Nov 6, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Phillies minor leaguer Roman Quinn ruptured his Achilles’ tendon while doing offseason workouts and is out indefinitely, according to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com
Quinn is a 20-year-old shortstop and 2011 second-round draft pick who just last week ranked fifth on Baseball America‘s annual list of the Phillies’ top prospects. Salisbury reports that Quinn has already undergone surgery. He previously missed the entire second half of this year after a hit by pitch left him with a fractured wrist.
It’s possible that Quinn could miss the entire 2014 season and as a prospect whose game is based largely on speed and athleticism the injury is particularly worrisome.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17