Nov 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
Kinsler is guaranteed $57 million over the next four seasons, Andrus is owed $126 million over the next nine. A such, neither would be easy to move. But neither would be impossible either. Of course, they could just pull a Michael Young with Kinsler and shift him to first base or DH. Rosenthal says that’s unlikely, however.
With Robinson Cano and Omar Infante on the free agent market, Brandon Phillips on the trade market and now Kinsler possibly entering that fray too, it could be a pretty darn insane winter for second basemen.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 13
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)