Nov 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
Kinsler is guaranteed $57 million over the next four seasons, Andrus is owed $126 million over the next nine. A such, neither would be easy to move. But neither would be impossible either. Of course, they could just pull a Michael Young with Kinsler and shift him to first base or DH. Rosenthal says that’s unlikely, however.
With Robinson Cano and Omar Infante on the free agent market, Brandon Phillips on the trade market and now Kinsler possibly entering that fray too, it could be a pretty darn insane winter for second basemen.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)