Nov 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
Kinsler is guaranteed $57 million over the next four seasons, Andrus is owed $126 million over the next nine. A such, neither would be easy to move. But neither would be impossible either. Of course, they could just pull a Michael Young with Kinsler and shift him to first base or DH. Rosenthal says that’s unlikely, however.
With Robinson Cano and Omar Infante on the free agent market, Brandon Phillips on the trade market and now Kinsler possibly entering that fray too, it could be a pretty darn insane winter for second basemen.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40