Nov 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
Kinsler is guaranteed $57 million over the next four seasons, Andrus is owed $126 million over the next nine. A such, neither would be easy to move. But neither would be impossible either. Of course, they could just pull a Michael Young with Kinsler and shift him to first base or DH. Rosenthal says that’s unlikely, however.
With Robinson Cano and Omar Infante on the free agent market, Brandon Phillips on the trade market and now Kinsler possibly entering that fray too, it could be a pretty darn insane winter for second basemen.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)