Nov 6, 2013, 2:19 PM EDT
Kinsler is guaranteed $57 million over the next four seasons, Andrus is owed $126 million over the next nine. A such, neither would be easy to move. But neither would be impossible either. Of course, they could just pull a Michael Young with Kinsler and shift him to first base or DH. Rosenthal says that’s unlikely, however.
With Robinson Cano and Omar Infante on the free agent market, Brandon Phillips on the trade market and now Kinsler possibly entering that fray too, it could be a pretty darn insane winter for second basemen.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 18
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 47
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)