Nov 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
The Mets seem like an odd pursuer. They have a lot of first base types with Ike Davis and Lucas Duda. Of course one or both of them could be traded if they got Hart. Not that the Mets have been too big on higher-priced players in recent years.
For what it’s worth, Hart may have missed a season with a bum knee, but his previous three he hit around 30 homers a year, so someone somewhere is likely to offer him a multi-year deal.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 11
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)