Nov 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EST
The Mets seem like an odd pursuer. They have a lot of first base types with Ike Davis and Lucas Duda. Of course one or both of them could be traded if they got Hart. Not that the Mets have been too big on higher-priced players in recent years.
For what it’s worth, Hart may have missed a season with a bum knee, but his previous three he hit around 30 homers a year, so someone somewhere is likely to offer him a multi-year deal.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 43
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 84
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)