Nov 6, 2013, 4:57 PM EDT
The Mets seem like an odd pursuer. They have a lot of first base types with Ike Davis and Lucas Duda. Of course one or both of them could be traded if they got Hart. Not that the Mets have been too big on higher-priced players in recent years.
For what it’s worth, Hart may have missed a season with a bum knee, but his previous three he hit around 30 homers a year, so someone somewhere is likely to offer him a multi-year deal.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 1
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 33
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)