Nov 7, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
David Ortiz wasn’t on the ballot on Tuesday — only two men were: Marty Walsh and John Connolly — but the Red Sox’ DH got the most write-in votes out of anyone, so that technically made him the third place finisher.
Not that it was particularly close. There were only 560 write-in votes, of which Ortiz got the most. The winner got over 72,000 votes. But it’s a pretty good showing for a guy who doesn’t play any defense.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 21
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 17
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)