Nov 7, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Which makes sense as he’s good and misses bats and the thing you want to do the most in Coors Field is miss bats.
But of course Wilson is going to have a lot of options. He was fantastic down the stretch for the Dodgers, with a 0.66 ERA in 13 and two-thirds innings and showing the velocity of old. Really, Wilson did himself a lot of good sitting out most of the year and waiting until he was 100% physically and mechanically before pitching again. If he took an incentive-deal earlier in the season and ramped back up slowly, he couldn’t have possibly improved his stock more than doing what he did.
A lot of teams will be in on Wilson.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)