The Rockies are interested in Brian Wilson

Nov 7, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT

Dodgers' Wilson watches the game against the Diamondbacks in the seventh inning during their MLB National League baseball game in Phoenix Reuters

Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies have an interest in free agent Brian Wilson.

Which makes sense as he’s good and misses bats and the thing you want to do the most in Coors Field is miss bats.

But of course Wilson is going to have a lot of options. He was fantastic down the stretch for the Dodgers, with a 0.66 ERA in 13 and two-thirds innings and showing the velocity of old. Really, Wilson did himself a lot of good sitting out most of the year and waiting until he was 100% physically and mechanically before pitching again. If he took an incentive-deal earlier in the season and ramped back up slowly, he couldn’t have possibly improved his stock more than doing what he did.

A lot of teams will be in on Wilson.

1. chacochicken - Nov 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM

To drive their drunken owner around. Zing!

2. lingerie00yardsale - Nov 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I hope this pleases the Jesus!

3. xdj511 - Nov 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM

All of the teams will be interested except for those with strict facial hair policies… Yankees… Reds… am I leaving any out?

• mjmarch47 - Nov 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Marlins, I believe. Jose Reyes had to cut his hair when he joined them in 2012. I’m not sure how far this goes back. Maybe to when Girardi was managing them. I remember him being a stickler about grooming in ’06.

• xdj511 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM

The Marlins, hah! Imagine they come forward and sign him to a 3 year, 30 million dollar contract!

4. NYTolstoy - Nov 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

can’t believe 12 innings of work can get him 10 million on the market. maybe its a million to pitch 9 million for sanitations to alow him in the building. Did you guys see his bow around the beard in the playoffs? It’s just so so odd.

5. peterjohnjoseph - Nov 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Between Brian being a lifelong Sox fan, a lifelong hater of the Yankees, a former Rhode Island resident, and having the beard of all beards, you’d think he’d be begging the Sox to spend. I honestly believed he’d be hanging outside Fenway last offseason with a sign saying “will work for food.. and money”. I expected when the return rumors started near midseason that the Sox would also be all over it as they had no closer at the time, as Uehara had not yelled pulled the sword from the stone. I’d love to see this him as an 8th inning set-up, and insurance in case Koji either is hurt, or fizzles out.

• peterjohnjoseph - Nov 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

*as Uehera had not yet pulled the sword from the stone.

I don’t think I can even blame autocorrect for that one.

6. temporarilyexiled - Nov 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM