Nov 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers are listening to offers for their outfielders. But before you start bombarding your team’s GM to trade your overpaid second baseUggla for Yasiel Puig, know that he only means Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford.
But yeah, gotta make room for the future. Not just Puig, but prospect Joc Pederson too. And of course both Kemp and Crawford are fragile and Ethier is not going to maintain his durability forever. It makes total sense to move one.
To do it the Dodgers are going to clearly have to eat a lot of salary. But money is the least of the Dodgers’ concern.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (83)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (76)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)