Nov 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers are listening to offers for their outfielders. But before you start bombarding your team’s GM to trade your overpaid second baseUggla for Yasiel Puig, know that he only means Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford.
But yeah, gotta make room for the future. Not just Puig, but prospect Joc Pederson too. And of course both Kemp and Crawford are fragile and Ethier is not going to maintain his durability forever. It makes total sense to move one.
To do it the Dodgers are going to clearly have to eat a lot of salary. But money is the least of the Dodgers’ concern.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)