Nov 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers are listening to offers for their outfielders. But before you start bombarding your team’s GM to trade your overpaid second baseUggla for Yasiel Puig, know that he only means Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford.
But yeah, gotta make room for the future. Not just Puig, but prospect Joc Pederson too. And of course both Kemp and Crawford are fragile and Ethier is not going to maintain his durability forever. It makes total sense to move one.
To do it the Dodgers are going to clearly have to eat a lot of salary. But money is the least of the Dodgers’ concern.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 5
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (78)