Nov 8, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers are listening to offers for their outfielders. But before you start bombarding your team’s GM to trade your overpaid second baseUggla for Yasiel Puig, know that he only means Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford.
But yeah, gotta make room for the future. Not just Puig, but prospect Joc Pederson too. And of course both Kemp and Crawford are fragile and Ethier is not going to maintain his durability forever. It makes total sense to move one.
To do it the Dodgers are going to clearly have to eat a lot of salary. But money is the least of the Dodgers’ concern.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)