Nov 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
A computer does the MLB schedule now. Until 2005, however, a husband-wife couple did it. By hand. And, apart from being impossibly cute, they are apparently brilliant.
Grantland’s 30 for 30 series meets Henry and Holly Stephenson in this 12 minute short. And it’s brilliant too. And funny. And toward the end, kind of sad.
Just a wonderful mini-documentary. Check it out.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)