Nov 8, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
Is a reunion in the offing? LaVelle Neal of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the Twins are “one of several teams” that have asked to look at Johan Santana‘s medical information.
Santana is a risk given multiple major shoulder injuries and surgeries. But he’s apparently an intriguing one as several teams are said to have checked in on the 34 year-old lefty who hasn’t pitched since 2012. For what it’s worth, Santana is throwing on flat ground from 90 feet and “feeling good,” according to his agent.
Not that we’d expect an agent to say “yeah, he’s pretty shaky. Kinda touch and go, to be honest.”
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 3
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105