Nov 8, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
Is a reunion in the offing? LaVelle Neal of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the Twins are “one of several teams” that have asked to look at Johan Santana‘s medical information.
Santana is a risk given multiple major shoulder injuries and surgeries. But he’s apparently an intriguing one as several teams are said to have checked in on the 34 year-old lefty who hasn’t pitched since 2012. For what it’s worth, Santana is throwing on flat ground from 90 feet and “feeling good,” according to his agent.
Not that we’d expect an agent to say “yeah, he’s pretty shaky. Kinda touch and go, to be honest.”
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)