Nov 8, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
Is a reunion in the offing? LaVelle Neal of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the Twins are “one of several teams” that have asked to look at Johan Santana‘s medical information.
Santana is a risk given multiple major shoulder injuries and surgeries. But he’s apparently an intriguing one as several teams are said to have checked in on the 34 year-old lefty who hasn’t pitched since 2012. For what it’s worth, Santana is throwing on flat ground from 90 feet and “feeling good,” according to his agent.
Not that we’d expect an agent to say “yeah, he’s pretty shaky. Kinda touch and go, to be honest.”
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- The Lester trade is a win-win 97
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 153
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (156)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)