Nov 10, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
From Nick Cafardo’s Sunday notes column in the Boston Globe:
Bronson Arroyo, RHP, free agent — Arroyo reports that the Giants, Phillies, and Twins have called his agents but no offers have been made. Arroyo is the most durable pitcher in baseball and is likely to receive more interest.
That durability thing is true. Arroyo has thrown at least 199 innings in each of his last nine seasons, making fewer than 30 starts just once in that time frame. The 36-year-old boasts a 3.76 ERA (105 ERA+) in 404 innings (64 starts) since the beginning of the 2012 regular season.
The Reds did not make Arroyo a one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer last week so his free agency is not tied to draft pick compensation.
Arroyo’s agent said recently that he’d “definitely consider” the Mets.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)