Nov 11, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
LeBlanc posted a 5.40 ERA in 55 innings for the Marlins and Astros this year and the 28-year-old left-hander has a 4.51 career ERA in 417 innings spent mostly as a starter.
His numbers in the minors aren’t really any better, but much like Volstad he simply gives the Angels another option to compete for a fifth starter or long reliever job. And he might end up joining Volstad in the Triple-A rotation.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)